Re: Wishlist for woody+1

On Saturday 25 May 2002 17:33, Erich Schubert wrote:
> I've put together a wishlist for woody+1...
>
> http://people.debian.org/~erich/woody+1/
>
> Containing:
> - Tags (former Keywords)
> - UTF-8 for debconf templates, changelogs etc.
> - init reworking (support for alternative inits)
> - package pages
> - split the archive (should allow partial releases etc.)
> - diff's for packages (well, there's apt-pupdate ;)
> - raphaels suggestion about distributions (working dist etc.)
>
> Please send me some feedback, and additions to this list.

here is mine wishlist:
-is there a chance Packages, Sources and Release files to be rsync-able on
apt-get update, because it is too much waste of bandwidth to download them
over and over again just when one row were changed in those files.
-package dpkg-static not conflicting with dpkg (staticaly compiled)
-successfuly rebuildable source packages with build-depends within a
distribution (friends: auto-apt, dpkg-checkbuilddeps). A way for users to
pass -march and -O to each source package independently or globally for all,
otherwise use the defaults, provided by debian/rules file.

10x ;-)
--
Greets,
fr33zb1