Re: SPAM mails marking bugs as done?

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 12:48:44PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Andreas Metzler wrote:
>> Afaict KDE uses debbugs (http://bugs.kde.org/) and they seem to have
>> at least kind of a solution, they replace every "@" on the WWW-Pages
>> with " at " and do not disclose full headers.

> Which address harvester will still happily recognize as an email address
> so it gains you absolutely nothing.

Hello,
Is this personal experience, an educated guess or something I can read
somewhere? I've been too lazy to use a separate address for my
KDE-bugreports, so I've got no data to contribute.

I've got the impression that the common address harvester is very
stupid and simply matches <.*@.*>, once everybody'd use
<email at address> they might change their recipe.

BTW spamcop identifies most of my spaml, and has little false
positives.
                thanks, cu andreas