Re: libpng conflict?

yes, but from what I understand, this will break ABI compatibality of
gnome 1.4, which is something that the gnome developers have gone
through a huge amount of trouble to maintain.

in reality, fixing imlib is the appropriate solution for gnome (I
believe) in order to fit in with upstream wishes.

shaya