Re: libreadline

[ replies from both Branden and Jeff elided ]

I appear to have been having a rather... separate discussion from what was
apparently intended. While I do stand by my points, in general, I no longer
think that they are relevant to what people were trying to talk about.

All of the points made by both replies were salient, and probably even
correct, but as they were made in a context that wasn't anything resembling
the points I was aiming at, I don't think I can evaluate them or reply to
them at length in any useful fashion.

My apologies for the confusion; I leave the field to those who had it
before I came, since I see no reason to *start* a discussion such as I
believed I was participating in.