Re: Editor Priorities

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:46:58PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:

> > > I violently agree with Wichert. [...]

> No, we're talking about the priorities of the various editors packaged
> for Debian, and what should become the default editor *when installed* -
> manually if necessary.

There is an argument for a minus for non-free: if a user or group of users
want to use that particular editor, the admin will (reluctantly) install
it. But said admin would be mightily pissed-off if their previously
highest-priority editor got replaced by some nasty non-free one.

But on the whole I agree with Wichert, doogie & everyone else. -200 for
non-free is like sticking two fingers up to admins who *really do* want
whatever editor it may be on their system.

A little gentle encouragement like the original -50 (or perhaps even less
than that) would be fine, IMHO.

Cheers,

Nick

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Go to a movie tonight.  Darkness becomes you.