Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs
- To: Atsuhito Kohda <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs
- From: Ardo van Rangelrooij <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 22:34:27 -0500
- Message-id: <20020422033427.GL2819@rohan.middle-earth>
- Mail-followup-to: Atsuhito Kohda <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Reply-to: Ardo van Rangelrooij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20020422121134S.email@example.com>
- References: <20020421084034.GC23223@cibalia.gkvk.hr> <20020422004019.GB2819@rohan.middle-earth> <20020422022647.GI2819@rohan.middle-earth> <20020422121134S.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Atsuhito Kohda (email@example.com) wrote:
> From: Ardo van Rangelrooij <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Subject: problem generating PDF output for large DebianDoc docs
> Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:26:47 -0500
> > After somewhat more rigorous testing on some larger documents it appears that
> > we run into the default pool sizes of LaTeX. I'm not sure where exactly the
> > boundary lies, but the debian-policy (350K) is definitely too big to be turned
> > into a PDF document; the PS version can be generated without a problem.
> > The culprit is the added support for the complete ISO character entity set.
> > This is done (amongst others) by using the 'amssymb' LaTeX package which
> > takes up a lot of space.
> > I'm not exactly sure what to do. I could take out the support for the ISO
> > character entities requiring the offending LaTeX package for now so we can
> > at least have all this working for woody and resolve the problem with the
> > appropriate authoritives on Debian's LaTeX packages in woody+1.
> > Any other thoughts?
> If tetex-bin >= 1.0.7+20011202-5.1 then it might help you
> to add /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90boot (or something appropriate
> name) which containes the line
> pool_size = 500000
> (or similar) and run update-texmf.
> Sorry if the problem is completely different from what I guessed.
No, that's exactly in the right area. But I did what you suggested and
I still get the same error. I somehow have got the feeling I might have
to rebuild the LaTeX format and how do I do that?
Ardo van Rangelrooij
home email: email@example.com
home page: http://people.debian.org/~ardo
GnuPG fp: 3B 1F 21 72 00 5C 3A 73 7F 72 DF D9 90 78 47 F9
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com