Re: Uplink release with Debian

On Wed, 2002-04-03 at 08:30, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 15:18, Mark A. Morris wrote:
> >             I represent Introversion Software (www.introversion.co.uk).
> > We are currently releasing our first computer game - Uplink.  Uplink is
> > a puzzle / adventure game set on the internet of 2010.  We have both
> > windows and Linux versions available, and we are hoping to work with
> > various Linux distributions in a mutually beneficial relationship.  We
> > are asking you to include a copy of the Uplink demo with your Linux
> > distribution, we get the benefit of publicity and your users get the
> > benefit of playing a high-quality Linux game.  We have already had
> > success with Mandrake, and now we are hoping you will consider our
> > offer.
> >
> > If you have any further questions or queries, please do not hesitate to
> > contact me.
>
> Let us know when you've published the source to the Demo and we'll consider
> it.

There's always Contrib.

I think having game demos in non-free/contrib of Debian would be
awesome.  Yes, you're helping the companies make money, but you're also
making Debian a little more attractive to the average consumer.

Without any commercial interest in Linux/BSD/etc., none of them would
have gotten quite as far as they have (those companies *have* sunk lots
of money and manpower into our efforts).  Games are one of the things
that push consumer hard-ware and driver developments to the max.  ^,^