Re: iproute package + HTB qdisc

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 16:48, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Wilmer van der Gaast <lintux@bigfoot.com> [2002.03.29.1432 +0100]:
> > Problem is that the kernel patch is needed at compile-time already.
> > Which means that all the autobuilders would need kernel source with an
> > applied HTB patch, I think..

> i would argue that you could probably insert a generic 2.4.18
> sch_htb.o module into a QoS/fair-queuing enabled kernel just like
> that. you want to try it?
Not so. What it needs is the patched version of linux/pkt_sched.h that
contains the HTB defines. The semi-NMU at http://debian.systemec.nl/
doesn't have this problem and can be built against a vanilla libc6 tree.

>   ftp://ftp.madduck.net/pub/linux/sch_htb.o.gz

> i don't have QoS-enabled kernel without the HTB patch handy...

> --
> martin;              (greetings from the heart of the sun.)
>   \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; net@madduck

Shad
--
Rens Houben                           |    opinions are mine
Resident linux guru and sysadmin      | if my employers have one