Re: ITP: mencal -- A menstruation calendar

On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 08:49:06PM -0600, Adam Majer wrote:
> > Suppose your period will begin next Thursday.  Tell me whether August
> > 23rd will be a bad day to do activities you avoid during your period.
>
> Oh com on - 5+April+May+June+July+23=5+2*30+2*31+23=122+28=150.
> Divide it by 28, 21 or whatever and you have an answer. ie. It is
> not that difficult. (even  better, take a modulus instead of divide]

You clearly have no idea at all about how much of a chore making such
a calculation on the fly is for my wife.  Hell, forget about my wife.
*I* hate doing calculations like this.  Consulting a calendar is much
handier and less error-prone.

Give it up, Adam.  Every time you open your mouth in this thread, you
amplify your ignorance.

> PS. You would have to think some more to give a much better reason than
> avoiding "activities"! ie. no one/very few actually would use this thing
> for this reason.

Ever hear of catamenial seizures?  Ever hear of hypothyroidism?  How about
pregnancy?  Medication that affects your cycle?

There are countless reasons a woman needs to know about her cycle.

Ben