Bug#138537: ITP: fpm -- FIGARO'S PASSWORD MANAGER
Version: N/A; reported 2002-03-16
* Package name : fpm
Version : 0.53 beta
Upstream Author : John Conneely <email@example.com>
* URL : http://fpm.sourceforge.net/download/
* License : GPL
Description : FIGARO'S PASSWORD MANAGER
fpm is similar to gpasman, but with more features, and (presumably)
fewer release critical bugs.
Figaro's Password Manager is a program that allows you to securely store
passwords you use on the web. Features include:
- Passwords are encrypted with the blowfish algorithm
- Copy passwords or usernames to the clipboard
- Copy passwords or usernames to the primary selection. (And paste them
middle mouse button click)
- If the password is for a web site, FPM can keep track of the URLs of
login screens and can automatically launch your browser. In this
FPM acts as a kind of bookmark manager.
- You can teach FPM to launch other applications, and optionally pass
hostnames, usernames or passwords to the command line.
- FPM also has a password generator that can choose passwords for you.
allows you to determine how long the password should be, and what
characters (lower case, upper case, numbers and symbols) should be
You can even have it avoid ambiguous characters such as a capital O or
(unless anyone else would prefer to package it; currently I cannot see
any announcements in WNPP, nor can I see any existing package)
-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel: Linux scrooge 2.4.17-lsm #2 Tue Feb 12 11:50:48 EST 2002 i686
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=