Re: Akka - Arabic Console package

Hi,

At Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:46:37 -0600,
Moe Elzubeir wrote:

> Then it will be placed into /sbin. Akka by default can only be executed
> by root, and if you have gone to the project page you would see why. For
> many new distributions (Arabic linux distributions), Akka is a very
> likely candidate to be used during the initial installation and setup
> sessions.

Please consult kon2, jfbterm, cce, and chdrv packages, which are
similar console softwares for Japanese and Chinese.  They use /usr/bin
directory because a user who wants to use Japanese or Chinese invokes
one of these softwares _after_ login.

Debian JP Project uses kon2 for localized installation disk.

If you are interested in more kernel-side solution, I think you are
interested in linuxconsole project http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net .

Offtopic: you may be interested in mlterm http://mlterm.sourceforge.net
which is an X terminal emulator with BiDi and Arabic shaping support.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/