Re: Debian Organization

On Sun, 3 Feb 2002, Stephen Robertson wrote:

> I've been following with some interest the recent discussions regarding
> the release of Woody and the problems that must still be overcome.  In
> my opinion, Debian is becoming unmaintainable.

   If you look at the problems with our releases, I don't think you would
come to the conclusion that the size of Debian is the problem.  There are
large logistics problems to be overcome in making a release,
infrastructure to be developed that the majority of us do not participate
in, and critical bugs in fundamental parts of the operating system that
take time to verify, fix, or work around.  The number of packages that
are available seems to not have a major effect.

   Adam