Re: hurry up already with official 2.4

David,

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 09:09:29AM -0800, David Larsen wrote:
> ok guyz

> i use debian on a few computers. but i think its pretty bad that you don't have an official 2.4kernel based distro.  yeah, i know that woody is in the 'frozen' stage, and you can modify potato to use 2.4 kernel, but for cryin out lout, kernel 2.4 has been out over a year now.  i see countless people making the mistake of using redhat, mandrake, slackware, turbolinux, etc.  I think that if debian had a 2.4 based distro that was 'release' people would FLOCK TO DEBIAN.  After all, the aforementioned distros are piss poor.  I'll admit that switching to debian was the best chioice i ever made.  I started using slack in '93, then went to caldera, piddled around with redhat/mandrake, then corel (cuz it was a debian based distro), then finally to potato.

> HURRY UP!  i know you dont release anything but quality, but this is
> getting way out of hand.

Debian is a volunteer-run project.  If you are not happy with the rate
at which releases occur, you are welcome to contribute to the freeze
effort.

If your contributions are likely to include posting to developer mailing
lists, however, I strongly suggest you learn to use a mail client that
supports proper word wrapping.  Using lines longer than 80 characters in
email is distracting and is likely to get you ignored by many
developers.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer