Re: RFC: SDL and X static extension libraries re-revisited

edi@gmx.de (Eduard Bloch) writes:

> Please? We could also exclude all architectures which cannot link static
> code into shared libs. Would make our life much easier, don't you think so?

The point of Debian isn't to make things easier for maintainers, it's to do the
hard work as maintainers to make things easier and more productive for our
users!

Design decisions which intentionally exclude some of our architectures when we
could choose to implement solutions that work for all of them aren't good
decisions.

Bdale