Re: how to fight back against Michael Bramer's spam

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 01:02:46PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much for your job and initiative.

> But I can announce:
>  I have stop all notifications mails to the maintainers now.

What  about  creating  a  mailing  list  where   all   the   translation
notification will be sent to ? (like devel-changes)

> Now  it  is  your  turn.  Now  you  can  say  'Don't  translate   _my_
> descriptions', ...

I don't know why some of your don't want your packages be  translated  ?
Debian is user oriented, so  what  about  non  english  spoken  users  ?
Package description is the frontend for the use of a soft, so...

[...]
> And no, I will not stop  the  ddts.  You  are  not  the  winners.  The
> notification mails was a support for the package  maintainers.  It  is
> your package and others have spend there time  in  the  improvment  of
> your package.
>
> I will continue the  translation  process  and  maybe  I  start  other
> projects. And we will get a debian with translated descriptions.

Great news. Don't stop it !

--
Igor Genibel
http://www.tuxfamily.org/			     igor@tuxfamily.org