Re: Postfix in unstable made my system an open spam relay

On 02/10/01, Bruce Perens wrote:
> WARNING: The postfix snapshot in unstable, when installed, makes my
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> system into an open relay. It happens here with the default
> configuration. I had to fall back to the one in unstable.
                                           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aehm, if the one in unstable is failing, how can you fall back to it?
And would you mind adding some explanation, why you now noticed that
your system is an open relay and how you can be sure that this wasn't
the case in the past? I would just like to see some prove for this
because I know that Wietse Venema at least spends quite some time on
ensuring that the postfix releases or snapshots are not an open relay
after installation.

Christian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)