Re: Base System release critical bug status II

> So extending the deadlines
> of those items which need it, that leaves:
>
> 	* Finalise debian-policy: done July 25th
>
> 	* Finalise target architectures:
> 		arm, i386, m68k, powerpc, sparc: done
> 		hppa, ia64: done July 19th
>
> 		alpha:	waiting on boot-floppies upload!

They are having some problems getting the root.bin to fit in 1.44k.

> 		mips:   install report done, waiting on b-f's upload
> 		mipsel: install report done, waiting on b-f's upload
> 		sh:     (not releasing)
> 		s390:   no install report or installation s/ware
>
> 		Extended Deadline: August 4th (was July 24th)
>
> 	* Obtain legal advice wrt crypto in main
> 		Extended Deadline: August 4th (was July 21st)
>
> 	* Fix base system bugs
> 		Extended Deadline: August 4th (was July 21st)

> At the end of the next phase of the freeze, we'll freeze the base system
> (ie, no new uploads of base packages --- which means no new uploads of
> *any* packages if you've got a multi-binary source package that builds
> something in base), and have no RC bugs left in the standard system.

What about uploads which are fixing newly discovered RC bugs in these
packages?  Those are allowed, I presume?

At what point should I put boot-floppies into feature freeze?

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>