Re: athlon-builder ... a sequel to pentium-builder

Glenn <bug1@optushome.com.au> immo vero scripsit

> How about merging the two into one "optimised-builder" package, then
> it could more easily expand for other CPU's later

My intention was to extend the pentium-builder, and get it included there ...

> It would be great if there the optimisations could be expressed in the
> packages that are built using it, but the only way i can think of doing
> that would be having an extra control file field or mangling the filename
> further.

Yes, this is a bit problematic.
I was thinking that maybe everything can be rebuilt using Athlon optimization, and
I could make a local repository,
but I could not think of any way to mark such a package so that
it was built for Athlon processors.

regards,
	junichi

--