Re: hurry up already with official 2.4

David Larsen (2001-11-14 09:09:29 -0800) :

> for cryin out lout, kernel 2.4 has been out over a year now.

My favourite mirror and my memory tell me it is not so, and
linux-2.4.0.tar.{gz,bz2} was released on January the 4th, 2001.

  Besides, the 2.4.x kernel series is not yet considered stable by a
number of people.  I'm not implying it doesn't work, I mean that it
has seen too many big changes for a stable kernel series.  Hopefully
this should change in the near future with the coming of the 2.5.x
series.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Homme qui plus rien à dire, citer proverbe chinois.
  -- Proverbe chinois.