Re: opening morgue/rhona for public access? (was Re: .deb archive?)

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 12:35:32PM +0100, Richard Atterer wrote:
> > ...by which I mean it doesn't delete them from the pool at all,
> > which means they stay on mirrors and such. It's only a couple of
> > days but it's not nothing.
> Could you be more specific? How many days exactly?

Two.

> If at some point I decide to provide weekly testing CD images via my
> scheme, I must be sure that during the week after the generation of
> the CD image none of the .debs used for that image get deleted from
> the mirrors.

Interesting.

> Ideally, I'd like superseded packages to stay in the pool for at least
> 12 days (7 days plus enough time for changes to propagate to all
> mirrors, and for slow downloaders to finish downloading).

That'd be about a 6GB hit, considering how much stuff gets uploaded to
incoming on a daily basis. I'm not really sure that's acceptable.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt