Re: apt-ftparchive and extra overrides (for Tasks)

Le Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 11:54:47PM +0100, Erich Schubert écrivait:
> I'm trying to set up a local Packages.gz file with correct Task: Entries
> in it. I've found out that i need to user apt-ftparchive with extra
> overrides instead of dpkg-scanpackages; but i can't get it to work.
> Must be some mistake while calling apt-ftparchive.
> my overrides.extra is like the ones on ftp.d.o; i run
>
> apt-ftparchive -o BinDirectory::ExtraOverride=overrides.extra \
>    packages binary-i386 overrides
>
> but the lines from overrides.extra aren't added.
>
> Can someone give me an example how to do this correctly?

I have the same problem with debian-cd. What I can tell you is that
extraoverride is not taken into account for the "apt-ftparchive
packages" call, only for the "apt-ftparchive generate" call.

However I didn't manage yet to use the "generate" in a way that is
similar to the well-known "apt-ftparchive packages". :-(

If you find out how, please let me know.

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com