Re: RFC: SDL and X static extension libraries re-revisited

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:50:19AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I am not yet planning any NMU's.  I am waiting to hear back from XFree86
> upstream to ensure that they won't be upset by my changes to XFree86 to
> implement this _pic.a support.  (I don't anticipate that they will be.)
> Also, I'd like to gather feedback from the affected package maintainers.
>
> Comments?
Have your (previous) patches been submitted upstream (SDL, loki if they
still exist) yet? As I understand it, you are only extending functionality,
so no harm is done. Same with the new patches. I haven't read anything about
this on the sdl-announce list, so I suspect loki has not yet received any
patches? IMHO they should get them, all in one bunch, probably by you, since
you did all the work and know best about the background.

As for the technical stuff, looks like good research, I can not comment on
that. Go ahead for sdl-image and sdl-mixer whenever you are ready.

Christian