Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 07:34:29PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> It's still possible, but tell me a good reason why I should keep debian
> on my server, when it offers my to chroot bind, but only if I use the
> latest kernel? I see no need to keep debian in that case as os for the
> server and so I can switch it.

In the case where you run bind on a 2.2 kernel, I see no distinction
between when it doesn't offer to chroot bind, and when it offers to
chroot bind if you have a 2.4 kernel. If you want to run Debian in the
first case, how does the second case change _anything_ for you. Do you
get annoyed that Debian offers to run (PowerPC|Alpha) code, but not on
your chosen machine?  If you run Alpha, do you threaten to quit Debian
because it doesn't offer OCaml and GNAT on your machine?

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each