Re: RFC: Signed packages and translations

On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 07:29:52PM +0200, Simon Richter wrote:
[out-of-context snip;-]
> I don't think translations should be in the source package at all,

I'm opposed to this! Yes, not including the translations in the source
package makes things much easier, but I think they still should be
there at all costs.

If we distribute translations separately, we lose an important
property of source packages; that *all* the data related to a package
can be found in *one* place. If some data for a package can be found
here, other data there, the concept of a "package" soon gets very
blurred. I can't really list any practical disadvantages of this, but
it just feels wrong!

Cheers,

  Richard

--