Re: libgal sonames

On Sat, 2001-09-01 at 15:59, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 01, 2001 at 03:38:27PM +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> > gal is a library in development, and this is stated in several places.
> > That's the reason there are so many major versions. At every change,
> > there are binary incompatibilities, and that's what sonames are used
> > for. If you just increase the minor versions, you break the system,
>
> If it's that unstable why is it being shipped as a shared library?

to be used by gnumeric and evolution. That is, to use the same package
for the library for both applications.

And I even wouldn't call it unstable library; as I said, it's just a
code repository for gnumeric and evolution. Things are being removed,
added, compatibility is broken, etc every day in libgal.

cheers
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo@gnome-db.org> - <rodrigo@ximian.com>