Re: Fonts working "out of the box"

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 11:07:48PM +0200, Robert van der Meulen wrote:
> Antialiasing is a hack, to 'fix' bad fonts.

It can be used for that, but it also improves "perfect" fonts, because it
increases the visual resolution on a sub-pixel level.

I would suggest we do wait for Berlin ... seriously.. fonts do suck and
improving them is a makor issue for Linux. Once you worked on a Solars X
System you will miss them.

On the other hand.. I do feel it got much better recently. Mozilla Fonts on
my system are not blocky as hell anymore.

Greetings
Bernd