Re: lvm bug ?

Quoting Ulrich Wiederhold (U.Wiederhold@gmx.net):
> * Jan Niehusmann <jan@debian.org> [010821 17:42]:
> > Wouldn't then S35mountall.sh fail to mount all volumes, because
> > the lvm volumes are not yet available?
> No, I think not. The mount of the lvm volumes fails, but the rest is
> still on reiserfs, xfs and ext2, that needn?t lvm.
Actually he's right; all other filesystems can't be mounted before the lvm
volumes are available, but the / filesystem needs to be RW to be able to
create the lvmtab stuff.
I don't know if remounting / rw, initialising lvm, and remounting it ro is
evil (i think so) - the other solution would be to copy mountall.sh's
behavior in the lvm script; that sounds evil as well.
Any ideas, anyone ?

(remember, lvm is not a filesystem, but creates a virtual device to make a
filesystem on)

Greets,
	Robert

--