Re: debconf problem: only one owner ???

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 10:17:37PM +0200, Gregor Hoffleit <gregor@hoffleit.de> was heard to say:
> I'm running against a wall with debconf.
>
> I'm trying to construct a simple example where one templates has two
> owners. Whatever I try, only the first package installed is registered
> as owner.

  I don't know anything about debconf, but one of Joey's recent uploads had
a note about fixing shared templates in the Changelog.  Are you up-to-date?

debconf (0.9.80) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Looks like new shared templates have been ignored ever since 0.9.10!
    Symtoms that installed a second package that shared a template
    with an already installed first did not add the second owner to the
    list of owners. It's possible that this was also responsible for
    sporadic reports of db corruption; the question that should belong
    to a template going away when the only recorded other owner was purged.
  * Added a call in the postinst to a program to clean up after this
    problem.

 -- Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org>  Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:11:44 -0400

  Daniel

|                     If you wish to live wisely,                             |
|                     ignore sayings--including this one.                     |
\---- News without the $$ -- National Public Radio -- http://www.npr.org ----/