Re: ITP: cidr

On Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 10:01:41AM +0200, Alexander Koch wrote:

> > > Come on, knowing all the appropriate stuff from a /30 to a
> > > /24 is easy, maybe a /28 or /29 you get wrong sometimes, but
> >
> > 'You get wrong sometimes'? And then your customer or worse yet some other AS
> > is debugging problems caused by you.
>
> Moron. You cannot inject something smaller than a /24 into
> BGP if you do not have some crappy **** running, therefore
> you mentioning an "AS" (as in Autonomous System) is crab.
> Worst example ever found...

I really don't follow you, are you now saying it's OK to use on a /23 and
less programs <G>. You are funny ;).

> > Software is there to do the monkey
> > work, so that people can concentrade on the real work.
>
> Nice typo, sounds like tradeoff -- where do you work? Do you
> have a serious job as a sysadmin or routing guy or what?

I sell icecream and drive around in a car going 'tiditiditiditididitdii'.

> I just explained how it works if you want to do it that way,
> I am afraid some never realized the mathematical stuff
> behind it. I do not brag about that math stuff, I brag about
> actively using a brain and not relying on a tool and
> therefore trying to actually *do* something and try to learn
> it. Now, you use that tool, you stop thinking.

I've made the the tool :)

> It is too dangerous for me to work with someone who does not
> know these w/o using this stupid tool if real trouble

I know how to speak HTTP and I still use stupid tools like links
and mozilla :)

> EOT, yes, let's kill it, quickly, before it moves again.

Agreed.

Have a nice weekend,

--
	++ytti