Re: ITP: libavl -- AVL tree manipulation library

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 04:34:25PM -0400, Dpk wrote:

>    License: GPL version 2
>
> What about the GNU avl library?  The URL is:
>
>     ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/avl
>
> >From initial inspection is seems it would provide the same
> functionality plus better documentation, very portable, under
> development for a longer period of time, and the author is a Debian
> developer

Good points.

I'd like to know which Debian packages use GNU's AVL tree implementation.  The
library I ITP'd is used by debfoster, and a slightly different version is used
by tinc.

Another option would be to combine all the efforts so that we have an AVL tree
library that is useful for a variety of programs, so that there is a single
shared library to do AVL tree operations.

  Guus Sliepen <guus@sliepen.warande.net>