Re: Upgrade to kernel 2.4.* hoses system!

"Andrew M.A. Cater" <amacater@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> I know, I should learn to RTFM. I've hosed my system a couple of times
> attempting to install kernel 2.4.5.  Anybody got a working lilo.conf
> to cope with initrd that they'd be willing to share?

image=/vmlinuz
    initrd=/boot/initrd
    label=Linux

where /boot/initrd and /vmlinuz is symlinks to files provided by debian
packages.

But I get some other strange "features" by using debian 2.4 kernels, the
disk symmetri doesn't match any more, so it's hard to run lilo again :-)

Suggestions?

Good luck!
Mikael