Re: BTS: howto reassign a bug

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:24:21AM +0200, christophe barbé wrote:
> I would be really curious to see if you can show me a url (from your
> suggested url) which said that we can add information to a existing bug
> report by sending it to its number.
> I've found this information since but not with your suggested url.

Section: Followup messages

Linked from: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/
Section: Documentation about the bug tracking system
Link: Developers' information on how to use the system.

> > Remember, as someone other pointed out on this thread, that some operation
> > should only be done by debian developers/maintainers: so try to talk to
> > the maintainer before you manipulate bugs.
>
> This is a non-sense for a Bug Tracking System. You can't ask to a user to
> ask the maintener is approbation before sending a bug report.

May be I didn't understand the thread in all it's detail, but it seemed to me
that we were talking about reopening a bug, that is a manipulation of an
already known bug (closed); so I suggested (really enforced what someone did
before me) to talk/wite to developper before reopen the bug. As you'll see
checking the url I reported, sending a bug to <bugnumber>@bugs.debian.org
automatically send a mesage to the developer responsible for the bug and
<bugnumber>-submitter@bugs.debian.org is an alias for the submitter of the
bug report.

BTW I expressed only my opinion, that I hope people respect reporting bug,
or trying to manipulate existing one related to my packages.

cheers,
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis                      | Lo Studente Soffice
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$         | ... Quando le "parole"