Re: Splitting netsaint-plugins into many packages?

Arthur Korn <arthur@korn.ch> writes:

> Hi
>
> Ben Bell schrieb:
> > The reason for doing this is that each of these optional plugins pulls in
> > a bunch of big packages, like postgres or snmp, but I'm worried about
> > the package bloat.
>
> What about leaving them in one package that Suggests the other
> things? Given that the dependencies are obvious enough (they are
> from what I see) this won't hurt more than lots of packages.
> I've done this for the msyslog database logging plugins, which
> obviously depend on libpq or libmysqlclient respectively.

Nah, if I install netsaint (or whatever), everything should work. I
should not go around and look, uh, it's a SNMP plugin, it does not
work, maybe I should install libsnmp.

Maybe split out the plugins which have outrageous dependencies... If
it's only three plugins which have extra library requirements:

  netsaint-snmp-plugin
  netsaint-postgres-plugin
  netsaint-msyslog-plugin
  netsaint-base-plugins        <--- all the rest

Phil.