Re: Mozilla Again

Wichert Akkerman wrote:

Previously David A. Greene wrote:

There is a critical bug filed against mozilla which should be
trivial to fix -- don't build with -O2 or greater.

Which suggests mozilla trigger s compiler bug. Mozilla is not
the package to change then, the compiler should be fixed.

I respectfully disagree.  If this is how things are handled,
then mozilla and every other package should depend on the
default Debian compiler, at least for the sake of checking
for inclusion in testing.  Testing then should currently be
(mostly) empty.

Can we get a status report on this?

Awaiting fixes. If you can submit a patch to fix those problems
mozilla just might move into testing a bit faster.

Hypothetically, what would happen if I were to submit a patch
that built mozilla with -O1?

-Dave