Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

Hi

Joost Kooij schrieb:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 10:07:17PM -0300, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> > I went to upgrade to woody in this box and I noticed that
> > apt-get dist-upgrade is not good enough... apt wants to remove
> > xbase-clients, xfonts* and some other things... it left me
> > without 'startx' in the end...
>
> Next time try dselect.  From the dpkg manual page:

After hangling through lots of conflict resolution screens (and
giving up gnupg because it dependet on a non-available package
(that's testing, this shouldn't happen!)) I finally gave up on
dselect and used apt-get install postfix perl perl-modules to
solve my installation problems (no mta, not installable because
of some perl problems, perl problems because dselect did want to
keep perl-5.004, or at least perl-5.005.).

I'm definitely not a dselect guru, but I think I'm using debian
(and dselect) for long enough to manage an upgrade.

Generally it seems that there are quite some predpendencies,
dependencies and conflicts/replaces missing in woody currently,
this will hopefully improve in the next few weeks.

ciao, 2ri
--
Prof:    So the American government went to IBM to come up with a data
         encryption standard and they came up with ...