ITP: libmath-numbercruncher-perl -- Perl math/stats library

Package: wnpp
Severity: wishlist

What is it:

  This module is a collection of commonly needed number-related functions,
  including numerous standard statistical, geometric, and probability
  functions. Some of these functions are taken directly from _Mastering
  Algorithms with Perl_, by Jon Orwant, Jarkko Hietaniemi, and John
  Macdonald, and others are adapted heavily from same.

  Kurt Kincaid <sifukurt@yahoo.com>, based in part on the book by
  Jon Orwant, Jarkko Hietaniemi and John Macdonald Homepage

Preview of "Lintian Clean" packages:

  http://eddelbuettel.com/dirk/code/debian/libmath-numbercruncher-perl_3.0-1_all.deb

Copyright/License:

  The Math::NumberCruncher module is Copyright (c) 2001, Kurt Kincaid and is
  free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms
  as Perl itself.  Several of the algorithms contained therein are adapted from
  _Mastering Algorithms with Perl_, by Jon Orwant, Jarkko Hietaniemi, and John
  Macdonald. Copyright (c) 1999 O-Reilly & Associates, Inc.

What's next:

  I will upload these in the next few days, unless I hear objections.

Cheers, Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.