Re: potato -> woody upgrade not smooth...

Em Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:47:15 +0200
joost@topaz.mdcc.cx (Joost Kooij) escreveu:

> Next time try dselect.  From the dpkg manual page:
I just don't think apt should act like that... I am able to
do this installation with apt using a somewhat brute-force
method (apt-get install xbase-clients xfonts...) but I just
don't think a good answer to the problem is 'use dselect'...

apt is meant to be the default package management tool AFAIK
and even dselect uses it now, so apt should be able to work this
around

> Please help spread the gospel: "use dselect".
I'm doing the reverse... I keep spreading that apt is quite
easier to work with and I don't want to have to use dselect
to upgrade my system, apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
should do it, no?

> Shouldn't you have checked beforehand?  Use dselect.
would dselect really do it? I'll try that later but...
again, apt should've done it...

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>