Re: woody release task needs help: package priorities

On Wed, 30 May 2001, Joey Hess wrote:

> J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> > What about making a few task-* packages standard and have tasksel pre-select
> > them by default? (I.e. start with [X] instead of [ ])
>
> That's not a bad idea.
>
> > Another thing: will it still be _easy_ to install a small system without gcc,
> > emacs, lpr, rcs etc.?
>
> Yes, at least two simple ways with the latest rev of base-config. Either
> choose not to run tasksel or dselect at all (which results in just the
> base system being installed),

AFAIK in current potato floppies there's no APT setup done in that case,
which, well, doesn't make things very easy. Or has that been changed lately?

>    or have it run first tasksel, and then
> dselect and de-select anything you dislike.

I'd hardly call that easy. (I'm thinking from an "informed newbie with small
disk" perspective.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer