Giram: Request for removal
I'm requesting giram (giram, giram-gnome, giram-mesa, giram-gnome-mesa)
to be removed from Debian for the following reasons:
- the upstream author is not responsive (possibly because he's working at
- it's development is very slow (8 months between 0.1.7 and 0.1.8)
- the current version in Debian does not build any more. Neither does the
the current upstream version. Moreover, I'm not experienced enough with
autotools. I contacted the author may times but did not get a reply.
- it is poorly featured and removing it won't be a big loss for Debian.
- I'm not using it any more.
If someone thinks he/she can work out these problems and that giram is
worth staying in Debian (despite all what I said), please adopt it right
now. Otherwise, it'll definitly disappear from Debian.
Jérôme Marant <email@example.com>