Re: Gnome bug 94684

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> It's more likely that the upstream people will pay more attention to
> that bug, since they know someone has bothered to analyze the
> problem already to make it easier for them.

As someone who has spent way more time as an upstream developer than
as a Debian package developer, let me second this.  Without exception,
bug reports from Debian package developers that I've received have
been carefully worded, evidence some understanding of the scope of the
problem and its reproducability, weed out misunderstandings, and the
like.

Thomas