Re: Intent to package intel-rng-tools.

> As long as it isn't too bothersome for you, would you mind explaining why
> the kernel doesn't activate it by default? Or why it isn't a `make config'
> option? And why is a daemon needed for it?

No, its not bothersome to explain. This extract comes from 2.4.4's
Documentation/i810_rng.txt. I also read about the decision of
moving the rng to userland, but I can't find that now.

Introduction:

        The i810_rng device driver is software that makes use of a
        special hardware feature on the Intel i8xx-based chipsets,
        a Random Number Generator (RNG).

        In order to make effective use of this device driver, you
        should download the support software as well.  Download the
        latest version of the "intel-rng-tools" package from the
        i810_rng driver's official Web site:

                http://sourceforge.net/projects/gkernel/

--
And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too,
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.