Re: Base Bug Week, 30th April to 6th May

    Martin> Since the base system comprises our most important
    Martin> packages, virtually all of which are installed on any
    Martin> Debian system, your help is really needed!  While Bug
    Martin> Squashing Parties usually focus on Release Critical (RC)
    Martin> bugs, we should also try to get the number of normal (or
    Martin> even wishlist) bugs in the base as low as possible.  This
    Martin> involves writing patches or documentation -- everyone can
    Martin> help with this; also non developers are encouraged to
    Martin> participate.

What is the easiest way to upgrade only base packages without
upgrading anything else (unless required?).

Ideally I would like to upgrade/install anything section==base or
priority==required, but not anything else just yet (as I don't like
upgrading to much stuff, partly because of the huge bandwidth
required).

Is this possible without manually copying&pasting from dselect?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>