Re: 2.4.x Kernel, ECN And Problem Websites

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 05:12:48PM +0200, Russell Coker wrote:
> No.  ECN should be compiled in to all kernels!  The issue is whether the
> sysctl is set to enable it by default or not.
>
> I think that we should all be using ECN and reporting the bugs to the people
> who run the broken routers.  Hotmail have fixed their routers.  I have
> reported the problems to Compaq regarding their routers.

True, but often very little, if anything, gets done. about it; seeing as
it's just a very small percentage of Linux users. A lot of people are in the
production mentality, and figure that if it only breaks for 3 Linux people

> It's not that difficult to track down the offending sites and report the
> problem to the network administrators!

No, but it's just difficult to get anything changed.

--
Daniel Stone
daniel@kabuki.openfridge.net