auditd as logrotate replacement?

Hi

I got an offer from the friendly people at Core-SDI to make
auditd (server part of theyer BSD licenced, in development, log
management software) a full (read: better) replacement for
logrotate.

Will a package in non-US/main have any chance to be accepted as
full replacement for logrotate? As I understand being in non-US
does not mean that anybody can't use it, just that it can't be
distributed from mirrors in certain (braindead) countries.

ciao, 2ri
--
locate sunny|grep place|xargs cat|paste ~/me
sleep 4h