Re: Packages not making it into testing

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 03:53:15PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> The following packages haven't been uploaded this year, and also haven't
> made it into testing for a while. If people could go through and make
> sure the maintainer knows about the issues, or do NMUs as appropriate, or
> work out what the problem actually is, or similar, that'd be pretty cool.

On a related note, could somebody tell me what keep python 1.5.2-16 out of
testing ?

update_excuses says:

  python 1.5.2-16 (currently 1.5.2-10) (standard) (high)
      - Maintainer: Gregor Hoffleit <flight@debian.org>
      - python uploaded 14 days ago, out of date by 12 days!
      - valid candidate (will be installed unless it's dependent upon
            other buggy pkgs)

Do I have to check all dependencies in all 54 python packages in the pool
(10 architectures, 4 arch-dependent packages, 4 arch-independent packages),
to see what's the reason that keeps the packages out of testing ?

All I can find about python in update_output.txt are things like

  tried: python (0) 38 a-38
  tried: python (0) 42 a-42

If there's a reason that keeps the package out of testing, it would be nice
to have that reason explained as well. Is that being worked on ? If nobody
else is working on this, could somebody give me a hint where to start
working on improving the status output ?

    Gregor