Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 07:25:10PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 06:18:14PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >
> > (A lot of) Netfilter stuff also doesn't go in the kernel without patching
> > the kernel proper. Plus, your own hacks don't work too well, especially when
> > it's to existing code.
>
> Anybody can package up a the netfilter source + patches and make a modules
> package.  The netfilter is modularised after all.

Which part didn't you read?

"doesn't go in the kernel without patching the kernel proper". This
should've been a fair indication. BTW, I'm not talking about Netfilter
proper, I'm talking about all its extensions in patch-o-matic.

--
Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer