Re: chroot bind?

Sorry missed your response, just picked it up now from the web archive.

> Are you working with bind 8.X or 9.X?

Jaldhar H. Vyas mentioned he has something working with 8.2.3.  I was
only thinking myself with bind8.

As Jaldhar also mentioned, bind9 isn't something I trust yet. Even in a
chroot.

Personally I see no need to replace the bind package.  In fact with the
use of alternatives on /etc/init.d/bind it should be pretty easy to mix
them in together.

Here are some issues though:

i) /chrootlocation/dev/log and syslod.  No generic simply way to
automatically add this log socket to syslog set it listens too.

ii) named-xfer is the only binary required in /chrootlocation/, how to
deal with the base bind package upgrading and this binary changing?

iii) I've sent a message to the FHS mailing.  I guess we'll see what
comes up. 8)  Whatever the case I specific its not easy to find a
generic mechanism to deal with chroots, particular since they are often
applications specific.

Nicholas