Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

> > > I should build my own kernel, right?
> >
> > Sure, you're a computer geek. But remember we don't expect our
> > users to be all computer elites. No, they're no dummies. Think
> > about scientists, etc. who just simply don't have that much enough
> > time sometimes to make oneself be familiar with kernel
> > compiling. And why bother? (Ie. in most cases.)
>
> If they're not into madly trying to get the configuration perfect
> when it comes to the kernel, why install an optimized version at
> all?

Because they are there. :)

Ie. If we can do our users a favor.. (And if the trade off of bloating
package pool is okay enough. In this case, I agree with Herbert.)

--
http://dim.sourceforge.net ............... Debian Chinese Input Method
http://njlug.sourceforge.net ............ NanJing GNU/Linux User Group