Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 07:48:55PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Up until now, we have had to include all/most SCSI drivers in our
> kernel image as that is the only way to boot on a machine where the
> root file system is living on a SCSI disk.  Now that we're using
> initrd, this is no longer necessary as the SCSI drivers can be loaded
> as modules which live in the initrd image.

switching to initrd was an improvement, but it doesn't justify the bloat
of having 2 dozen variants of i386-architecture kernel images. in fact,
it's not even relevant to the issue.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>

      GnuPG Key: 1024D/CD5626F0
Key fingerprint: 9674 7EE2 4AC6 F5EF 3C57  52C3 EC32 6810 CD56 26F0