Re: ITP: ttf-japanese-kandata

At Fri, 20 Apr 2001 00:18:35 -0700,
Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Checking is one thing but documenting in a common language is another.

Please don't misunderstand. I know importance of a common language.
I'll translate a document into English when the software is useful for
any other people. I thought JISX 0213 is useful for ONLY Japanese and said
so. Sorry, it was my mistake. I realized Japanese font is not for only
Japanese by David, Osamu, and others description, thanks.

And one more thing, Osamu pointed out problems in Uchida's description.

Osamu said:
> Reading through Japanese web page by Mr. Uchida, it states "almost
> public domain".  There is nothing like "almost pregnant".  This means
> this is not a statement of "public domain".

Sure, but in the fact I judged by document in kandata distribution.
It says:
(kandata font is included various fonts)
------
[Watanabe mincho]
      > --- Watanabe font Copyright notice
      > Undocumented.
      > But freely to distribute,  convert,  modified and so
      > on.
      (debian/copyright in xtt-fonts_0.19990222-3.tar.gz )

[lt1-r-omega-serif.ttf]
      Copyright: The    Omega    Project  ,    1999  ,
                 http://www.ens.fr/omega. This font  can  be
                 freely used and distributed.

      (intlfonts-1.2/Readme)
      ### International Fonts Ver.1.2 ###
      [...]
      2.1.3  Vector fonts  (TrueType and Type1)

      We  greatly  appreciate  the  contribution  of  Yannis
      Haralambous         and         Tereza         Tranaka
      <yannis@fluxus-virus.com>.   They  made free  TrueType
      and  Type1  fonts   for  Latin-X  series,  Thai,   and
      Vietnamese.  They will eventually   make   fonts   for
      more character sets.

      * Kandata 1.07 or later use intlfonts1.2 at arabia numeric and
	latin letters.

[Othre part]
	Public Domain.
------

Well, I'll contact kandata authors and make sure that it's free.
I'll post conclusion here. Wait a moment, please.

Regards.
Takashi Okamoto